Historic renovation and new residential buildings in Breckenridge.
Locally known as the home of Judge Marshall Silverthorn, a prominent businessman of the 1850’s. An entrepreneur that dabbled as a storekeeper, postmaster, Justice of the Peace, blacksmith, landlord as well as owning a small mining company. Later the family added an ‘e’ at the end of their surname, as was fashionable for the time. The Town of Silverthorne was incorporated as a town in 1967 using the Judge’s name.
The original home was moved to add a concrete foundation and full basement. The historic barn was renovated as a small apartment. Two new buildings, a duplex and a single family residence, were designed and built on the same lot to complete the project.