Location: Breckenridge, CO
Project Type: Commercial historic restoration
The Colorado House, circa 1890 was an original 19th century boarding house. In 1975, it became Fatty’s Pizzeria, a local hang out for many in the early days of the ski area. When the current owner bought the building he chose Arapahoe Architects to update the building to modernize it and create a more functional interior.
The kitchen, bar area and exterior were renovated with complete dedication to keeping as much of the original historic fabric of the building as possible. Using historic photographs, the street front facade was recreated to look just as it did at the turn of the century.